Pages

April 27, 2011

Mexi - Chicken Enchiladas

(Chicken courtesy of Adrienne O.)
Thanks so much for your chicken recipe Adrienne!

Welcome to my blog and welcome back if you are a returning visitor!  I'd LOVE if you would stay awhile and click on 'follow' to become a follower!

Remember:  Recipes Posted Every Week Day....so hopefully we will see you tomorrow!

Tonight....was......ready for it...................Mexi-Chicken Enchiladas.  We went to the O Families for dinner one night and they had a taco party.  She had the most amazing chicken for the tacos I had EVER had except at my favorite Mexican restaraunt.  I've NEVER forgotten that chicken.  Well,  SHE is just awesome enough to give me her SUPER SIMPLE recipe and I am INNNNNNN HEAVEN!

Thank you Thank you again Adrienne...they were totally Awesome!

Nutritional Info Per Serving:  About 300 calories each
Preparation Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time:  8 hours in the crock pot....20 minutes in the oven
Number of Servings: 5
                                                                                       
3 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts FROZEN
1 - small jar of your favorite salsa
1 - medium sized onion chopped
1 - packet taco seasoning
5 - reduced fat tortillas
1 - 16 oz can of mild enchilada sauce

1/2 - cup shredded cheddar cheese




Start by setting your crock pot on low and adding your FROZEN chicken breasts, chopped onion, salsa and packet of taco seasoning all together in the crock pot IN THE MORNING! Put the lid on and leave it for 8 hours.






After about 8 hours, turn off the crock pot. Take a fork and start shredding the chicken...it will just FALL APART and TASTE divine!  (Super Healthy too!)











Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Build the chicken into each of your tortillas and roll.  Place seam side down in a pan sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray.

(We used Jalapeno tortillas...that's why they look green...:)











Open your can of enchilada sauce and pour evenly over the enchiladas in the pan making sure to cover ALL the edges.

Note:  If you open it like this it will pour out perfectly for you.









Sprinkle your cheese on top....I only use a little to keep it on the healthy side.  And you will notice that my enchilada doesn't have ANY....:)














Place a tented piece of tin foil on top...so it doesn't stick to your cheese but keeps it from drying out.

Then put it in the oven for 20 minutes.











And then, you FINALLY get to eat what has been smelling so good this WHOLE time!
Enjoy!



THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN for stopping by.  I looooove visitors and Truly enjoy hearing HOW your cooking adventures turned out!  Thanks so much!

See you tomorrow!  Be sure to let me know how YOURS turned out!

2 comments:

  1. I can't keep up with you woman! Every day your recipes look so yummy and I want to try them right away. I'm having company over tomorrow night... this looks pretty perfect. Thanks again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my crockpot cooks too hot, but mine had salsa burned to the sides by the time I got home. I was able to save it by adding more salsa and it still turned out great! I just used the shredded meat for tostadas and we've been enjoying leftovers for days- amazing how the meat seems to multiply when it's shredded. And I LOVE that it calls for frozen chicken- great when you didn't plan ahead. Thanks for the awesome recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive