Pages

August 10, 2015

DIY Industrial Wall Sconce Light




Good Morning!   It has actually been years now since I last posted on this blog.  I stopped posting when I went back to work full time after baby number three.  We have been through a few homes and many adventures since that time.  We now own our own home again and I have been blessed to be able to cut back my work hours to part time.  That got me thinking about my blog and sharing much of what I already do in our home again.  When I looked up this old thing I found at the bottom of the page that I have had almost 700,000 page views since I created it!!!!  And I haven't touched it in years!!!  So I thought I'd give it a shot again.  So here it goes and welcome to my blog.

We bought a house that was built in the late 90's.  Needless to say there are many finishes in the home that need updating.  I honestly prayed for a house like this one,.  If it was all finished and updated and perfect when we bought it, what in the world would I do?

This wall sconce is in the hallway leading up the stairs.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't fit into the style that I really love.  If I had to describe my style I'd say it's a cross between old farmhouse, industrial and shabby chic.  So I decided to try to update it somehow and see if I could do it without buying something new.

Here is the light before.

 I had seen a few things on a few different blogs and of course on Pinterest, but nothing I really loved.  Until ...I saw this lighting redo on one of the blogs I follow at Bless'er House.  This is where I got my inspiration although it's not exactly the same.

DIY Industrial Pendant Lighting

My light is not a pendant, but I really love the cage she used.  It looked like it could be super easy based on how my wall sconce shade fit similar to that of a pendant.  So I followed her link to the amazon product where she showed the cage that she purchased and bought it!  It came just like this.




You can buy one on Amazon with this link...

It even had screws attached to the top to tighten down and hold it into place in the same area the glass shade was currently sitting.

I turned off the electricity at the breaker and disconnected the wires.  Then I took apart the lamp removing the existing shade.  I attached the new metal lamp guard by tightening down the screws it came with and took it into the garage for a little paint job.

This is one of my favorite products and goes well in my home.  You can get it here with this link...



I gave it all a quick coat of paint and let it dry.  Then one more coat to ensure good coverage.

After that I just reconnected it to the electricity on the wall and turned the breaker back on so I could test and make sure the light worked.  I was so excited and pleased with how it turned out and I love the way the look goes with the rest of my house!  





Thanks for stopping by today!  I would love if you followed me on facebook and came back for a visit!  Better yet, follow my posts so you get an email each time I update with a new project!  Thank you all for your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive