Pages

April 30, 2011

Perfect Pesto Sauce!


Oh my gosh...so super healthy but ONLY in moderation.....

Welcome to my blog and welcome back if you are a returning visitor!  I'd LOVE if you would stay awhile and click on 'follow' to become a follower!

 So tonight, I made a homemade Pesto Sauce I think is SUPER PERFECT!  I could NOT stop dipping my finger and eating it (not good).  It's a heart healthy sauce but ONLY in moderation.  My 5 yr old son LOVES to smell.  I had him come smell the BASIL and he LOVED it.  Told him I was gonna make a sauce with it.....and .... wooo..hooo... HE ate it because he knew what it was made of!

Nutritional Info Per Serving:  I didn't count this one but it's SUPER HEART healthy in moderation
Preparation Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0....not counting what you make to go with it.
                                                                                       
1 - cup packed basil leaves
1/2 - cup water
1/2 - cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 - garlic cloves, peeled
1/3 - cup toasted walnuts (toasted brings out the flavor!)
1/4 - cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
1/3 - cup shredded parmesan

Soooo...I use my Magic Bullet  to blend these items and I would NEVER go back after buying one.  SERIOUSLY..... it's on My Favorite Things.  Add into your  Magic Bullet or food processor/blender all the ingredients above and BLEND and PUREE! 


adding the salt....
My 5 year old came home from picking 'flowers' for Momma...heart melting!

I can't tell you how good this was....I am SO good at self control and I lost ALL of it with this Pesto.  Tastes and smells amazing.



Try it dribbled on top of cream cheese for a cracker dip too!

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN for stopping by.  I looooove visitors and Truly enjoy hearing HOW your cooking adventures turned out!  Thanks so much!

See you tomorrow!  Be sure to let me know how YOURS turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    This looks good. I love pesto and have never made it. I think your Magic Bullet helps. I need one of those. I also want to try your spicy chicken recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive