Pages

April 30, 2011

Zebra Print Table Runner and Tray


Zebra Print Table Runner....And Tray too!

So...I wanted a new table runner for my dining room table and as I mentioned before, I'm trying to add more GREEN!  I saw this fabric at the fabric store and I LOVED IT!  Had to have it!

OH....AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG!  I WOULD LOVE IF YOU CLICKED ON FOLLOW IN THE SIDE BAR & BECAME A FOLLOWER!  THANK YOU!

Bought a couple tassels to match...and I was in business!

I used a table runner I already had for measurements....

I trimmed up around the edges leaving about 1/4" to hem





And the finished product!  Added a couple tassels and I was done in about 30 minutes!  LOVE IT!

Zebra Tray

So I had some left over fabric and I wanted to cover the bottom of this tray I have had forever.  Just wanted to give it some interest.  But I didn't have a BIG enough piece to cover it soooo.....

I DECOUPAGED WITH FABRIC STRIPS!



So I grabbed a bottle of Elmer's glue left over from 'school supplies' from years ago...



Added some water....



Started dipping the fabric strips into the glue and lining the bottom of the tray.



 Then....I let it dry and it was EXACTLY what I was hoping for!















Bubbly Nature

UndertheTableandDreaming

Photobucket
BWS tips button

6 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' more greens in my home decor, too. I like your tablerunner & the tassels are a great touch. Very clever way to stretch that leftover fabric to cover the tray. Like that.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I love green, but I think I've gone a bit overboard with it in my house now ;)

    Thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty, I love the green zebra print, a little more toned down than black, beautiful!

    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green zebra print!!! Pretty! Did you get that at Joann's? I just bought some that looks just like that but it's brown. So bummed I didn't see green there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made a matching tray! What a fantastic idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous print - I love the zebra! Thanks so much for linking up to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today.
    Hope you are enjoying your week
    ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive