Pages

May 21, 2011

Kids Craft - Elephant Watering Can


Kids Craft - Elephant Watering Can!
(Your little one will never want to stop watering your flowers!)

So I get texts...and emails ALL DAY about people EATING MY RECIPES and making my crafts!  Or even ...what should I do with this awesome chair??  What kind of stain should I use??  I LOVE IT!!!!!  I'd LOVE if you all would do that on here TOO!  This blog...IS FOR YOU! :)  Thanks for ALL that you ALL do...to make this soooo successful!

So my AWESOME Mother In Law subscribes to 'Family Fun Magazine' for my daughter, and I'm the one who LOVES it!  I LOVE when it comes...I pick out AT LEAST one sometimes two or three fun things to make with the kids either cooking....or crafting.  My 5 year old son is the one who enjoys them for the most part right now.  My oldest is headed into high school and as you can imagine...SHE'S USUALLY TOO COOL! :)  But I've even got birthday cake ideas for them from this magazine...LOVE IT!

I think...I'll add this to MY FAVORITE THINGS!

Ad much as I'd LOVE to claim this idea as my own....It's NOT :)  For the life of me....I can't find the exact LINK to this project on their website - But here is a link to their website by clicking HERE!


Here's the page I followed....

Supplies:

2 Milk Jugs (Emptied and cleaned)
1 Milk Jug Cap
Craft Foam (We used Construction Paper)
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Elmers Glue
2 Google Eyes
Scissors
Pen

Start by cutting out the handle of your second Milk Jug and discard the rest.  You can tell how to cut the handle out by looking at the main picture at the top of this page.  (Every jug is different so do the best you can)   

Discard the rest of the 2nd milk jug.



Start by tracing a bowl or hand drawing two LARGE circles for the ears.  I had my son cut them out.  Then glue them on your whole milk jug where the ears should go. 











Next draw small circles just larger than your google eyes.....(or trace them with something) for the eyes.  I had my son cut them out and glue them on.  Then he glued the google eyes on top of those.













Next, I used scissors to cut small slits around the outside circle of one end of the 2nd milk jug handle.  And then I used scissors to cut a hole in the top of the milk jug cap.  

NOTE:  Use the scissors to make a hole in the top of the cap...then cut in a circle.  It doesn't have to be exact or perfect because you are gluing on top of it!







Next...cut small holes in the other end of the milk jug handle that will face outward...for a sprinkle type effect when the can is watering.  (EVEN though it doesn't really work :)







Now...put the milk jug cap ON the WHOLE MILK JUG!  (Very important...if you don't do this first you will end up with a crooked elephant trunk when you are done)    Once the cap is in place on the milk jug...use your hot glue gun to adhere the scissor cut side to the milk jug cap.  (USE A GENEROUS AMOUNT OF HOT GLUE TO SEAL IT)






NO JOKE!  You are done and NOW.....YOU GO WATER PLANTS!  They LOVE it....so fun...and so worth it!  Thanks Disney Family Fun Magazine!



Thank you SO much for coming by my blog today!  I LOVE your comments and would love to hear your...what do I do here...I did this...or what do you think ... Comments....LOVE TO ALL!

I linked up this project at...

Home is Where My Story Begins
Lamb Around

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I was thinking about you today, as I was eating strawberry shortcake for dessert. I was so mad at myself and thinking, "Heather has lost 57 pounds and I still show up at Weight Watcher meeting with chocolate chip cookie breath." I need to get myself some willpower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your sweet comment!
    these watering cans look so fun! im so excited for my boy to get bigger and do fun projects like this!!! cant wait to see what else you come up with!
    have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive