Pages

February 08, 2012

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps



Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!!

ALMOST 19,000 HITS and I haven't posted in a loooong time!  I am so very sorry...you convinced me to come back!  And here I go - coming back with a BESTIE!

Oh we were FEASTING tonight!  Now I know there are sooo many of these recipes out there and I was searching to try and find a new one....but I reverted right back to this one my hubby and I created together several years ago.  IT'S EASY!  AND....AMAZING & HEALTHY TOO!

Welcome to my BLOG and THANK YOU for popping by!  I would absolutely LOVE if you became a 'follower' by clicking in the left hand side bar and SUBSCRIBED to email updates too!

Prep Time:  15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6

4 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 - 6 to 8 oz can of water chestnuts, drained
3/4 - cup of chopped green onions
1 - tablespoon of minced garlic
2 - tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 - cup peanut sauce
1 - head iceberg lettuce (you could use butter lettuce too)
salt & pepper (to taste)
soy sauce (to taste)

Start by heating your extra virgin olive oil at medium high heat in a large skillet.  Add your minced garlic toasting for just a couple minutes. 


Then I add my diced chicken to the pan to cook through.  Adding salt and pepper to taste of course!

 Meanwhile, chop your water chestnuts about half the size of your chicken pieces. 

After the chicken is cooked through add your chopped green onion & water chestnuts tossing everything together!



OH My goodness...my mouth is watering again....



Add your peanut sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated....and.....TASTE TEST!!!!










Carefully peel off each layer of your ice berg lettuce to make little bowls.

NOW...FILL it and splash with a dash of soy sauce on top! 







TIME TO ENJOY!  I serve mine with rice so the kids have something extra but I tell you what - these are one of my FAVORITE meals...EVER!

AND....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!  TASTY DELIGHTFUL HEALTHY GOODNESS!


Thanks again for stopping by my blog and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear and see your comments!  Come see me again!  


*********  BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR MY EMAIL UPDATES IN THE SIDE BAR*********

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive