Pages

May 17, 2011

Three Pepper Hummus


Three Pepper Hummus !
(It's a DIP, SPREAD, GARNISH --- Great on fish, shrimp, crackers, chips and even a turkey sandwich)

This Hummus seriously surpasses ANY hummus you can find in the store...TRY IT!

Hummus is SUPPOSED to better for you than most other dips and full of all the good fats.  It still needs to be eaten in MODERATION as with anything else, but I have messed around with multiple recipes and COME UP WITH THE BEST!  You will LOVE it!

Thank you SO very much for stopping by my blog and I DO hope to see you back here!  I would LOVE if you would click on FOLLOW in the side bar or set up your email subscription!

NOTE:  The way the recipe leads...there will be a little spice but it won't linger.  Add more of any of the peppers for MORE HEAT!

1 - 15 oz can of Garbanzo Beans
6 - - oz roasted red peppers in a jar
2 Tablespoons of canned jalepenos
3 - large garlic cloves
3-  tablespoons of roughly chopped cilantro
3 - tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 - teaspoon paprika
3 - tablespoons roughly chopped onion
1 - teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 - teaspoon sea salt
1 - tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo
¼ - cup extra virgin olive oil





So I start with none other...than YUP...you guessed it....MY MAGIC BULLET!  I'm not even kidding, I use it for EVERYTHING!  Just add ALL the ingredients to your food processor.  My magic bullet's mixing cups are smaller so I split it half and half and then mix it altogether at the end.

























Now just mix until smooth.....




















We serve with these AWESOME chips we found at our local Costco Warehouse but I've seen them in other grocery stores.  They are called FOOD SHOULD TASTE GOOD MULTI-GRAIN CHIPS!



















Just a couple days ago, my mom brought over some stuff for a garage sale we are going to have...stuff she wants to sell.  I found these totally AWESOME Pepper bowls.....SO PERFECT TO SERVE THIS HUMMUS IN!

(So...we are NOT selling them :)
 
Then...you SERVE!  That perfect Hummus is DONE that quick!  Bring it to a party...keep it around the house and use to dip your shrimp in...garnish your salmon with...spread on a turkey sandwich in place of mayo!  YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Thanks so much and I really really DO LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS! 

I linked up this recipe at...

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    this sure looks good. Wow! I love the Jalapeno cilantro hummus that they sell at Trader Joes, but this recipe looks very exciting to try! Thank you for your comment on my blog:-)

    Check your in box, I sent you something:-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive